More From Southern Living
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh bay scallops, drained*
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- 2. Sauté scallops in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until done. Remove scallops from pan, and keep warm.
- 3. Add 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, orange zest, and next 3 ingredients to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook over high heat about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in butter and remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce until well blended. Serve immediately over vegetable mixture and scallops. Garnish, if desired.
- *Sea scallops may be substituted. Cook in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes; turn over, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This