Question: If you combine 4 cups of greens and 2 cups of tomatoes, and it makes 4 servings, how is 2/3 cup of salad a serving? Is this a typo or are you intended to be left with 3 cups of leftover salad?
Seared Scallop Salad with Prosciutto Crisps
Be sure to pat the scallops dry to ensure an even sear. Also, if serrano ham is available, it makes a tasty substitute for the prosciutto.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 16 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, cider vinegar, minced shallots, and Dijon mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add salad greens, halved cherry tomatoes, and cucumber to bowl; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced prosciutto to pan; cook 3 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp; coarsely chop. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt. Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan; swirl to coat pan. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place 4 scallops and 2/3 cup salad mixture on each of 4 plates; sprinkle with prosciutto.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note