Scallop, Prosciutto, and Mâche Salad
Photo: Erin Kunkel; Styling: Nissa Quanstrom
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 735mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 16 large dry-packed sea scallops*; pull off the tough slender muscle from the side of each
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest or 1 tbsp. regular lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice or 2 tbsp. regular lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen green peas
- 2 qts. (3.5 oz.) loosely packed mâche or mesclun
- 2 ounces prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1. Pat scallops dry. Heat a large frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat until a drop of water sizzles when flicked onto it. Add grapeseed oil, then scallops; season with 1/4 tsp. salt. Sauté scallops without moving them until browned and easily turned, 3 minutes. Turn and brown other side, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Whisk lemon zest and juice with olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Cook peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water until just tender, 2 minutes for fresh, 30 seconds for frozen; drain and rinse with cold water.
- 4. Toss mâche, peas, and prosciutto with 2 tbsp. dressing. Arrange on a platter with scallops. Drizzle with dressing to taste and serve immediately.
- *Dry-packed sea scallops smell fresh and are slightly sticky with no liquid oozing from them; find them at good seafood shops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This