Meyer lemons are rounder than traditional lemons and are often tinged with orange. Their flavor is sweeter and less acidic, but in this recipe, any lemon will work well.
More From Coastal Living
- 12 ounces sea or bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup mandarin and/or blood orange segments
- Aleppo pepper, cayenne pepper, or dried crushed red pepper
- 10 mint leaves, torn in pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Baby arugula leaves
- 1. Slice each scallop crosswise into 3 slices. (Leave whole if using bay scallops.) Place in a shallow glass bowl or plate. Add Meyer lemon juice and sea salt. Marinate 5 minutes.
- 2. Arrange scallops on 4 plates, reserving marinade. Scatter oranges around scallops. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and torn mint. Whisk olive oil into reserved marinade; spoon over scallops. Add arugula leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note