- 12 ounces sea or bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup mandarin and/or blood orange segments
- Aleppo pepper, cayenne pepper, or dried crushed red pepper
- 10 mint leaves, torn in pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Baby arugula leaves
How to Make It
Slice each scallop crosswise into 3 slices. (Leave whole if using bay scallops.) Place in a shallow glass bowl or plate. Add Meyer lemon juice and sea salt. Marinate 5 minutes.
Arrange scallops on 4 plates, reserving marinade. Scatter oranges around scallops. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and torn mint. Whisk olive oil into reserved marinade; spoon over scallops. Add arugula leaves.