Scallop Couscous Paella
From Oct. 2011 Family Circle Magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 sweet red peppers cored, seeded, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 10 ounce(s) Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pound(s) sea scallops, rinsed
- 1 package(s) (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 chipotle chorizo or jalapeno cooked chicken sausage cut into 1/2" coins
- 1 can(s) (6.5 oz) chopped clams
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat couscous
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, onion & garlic. Cook 6 minutes, stirring. Add broth, 1/3 C water, turmeric, black pepper, salt & red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer & add scallops. Simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Stir in peas, sausage & clams with their liquid. Simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
- 2. Turn off heat; add couscous. Cover & let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Fluff couscous w/a fork. Serve w/lemon wedges, if desired.
- per serving: 460 Cal, 8g fat (2g sat); 36g pro, 64g Carb; 11g fiber; 772g sodium; 57mg chol
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Adrienne5280 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note