Scallop Chowder with Pernod and Thyme
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Yield: Makes 8 cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sea scallops, chopped
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Pernod
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, and cook 4 minutes. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in Pernod, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note