Scallop Chowder with Pernod and Thyme
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sea scallops, chopped
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Pernod
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, and cook 4 minutes. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in Pernod, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews