Ceviche, a popular dish originally from Latin America, is made by "cooking" (actually, firming) small pieces of seafood with the acid in citrus juice, most often lime. Be sure to use only very fresh seafood.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1 pound sea scallops, chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1. Mix together scallops, lime juice, and lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Chill, stirring often, until scallops turn opaque, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Segment and chop 1 orange and juice the other. Add segments, juice, and remaining ingredients to scallops and stir gently to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note