Ceviche typically consists of raw fish marinated in citrus juices, which "cook" the fish. We chose to sear our scallops for color and flavor. Find taro (a potatolike root) chips in the organic section or the chip aisle of your grocer.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pat scallops dry; sprinkle with cumin and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add scallops, and cook, in 2 batches, 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes. Finely chop scallops, and place in a bowl. Stir in tomato and next 6 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve with taro chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note