- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
Pat scallops dry; sprinkle with cumin and salt.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add scallops, and cook, in 2 batches, 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes. Finely chop scallops, and place in a bowl. Stir in tomato and next 6 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve with taro chips.