Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 1/4 cup loosely packed whole fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup micro greens or thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 12 large sea scallops, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 large tortilla chips
- 1. Combine cilantro and greens in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2. Mash avocados in a medium bowl, and stir in lime zest, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3. Combine cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle scallops on both sides with seasoning mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops, and cook about 1 minute on each side or until scallops are opaque. Transfer to a large plate.
- 4. Spread reserved avocado mixture evenly on tortilla chips; top with cilantro mixture. Top each with a scallop half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This