Scallop and mushroom soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) Love
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large leek, white and tender green parts only, finely julienned
- 2 tablespoons finely julienned peeled fresh ginger
- 1 quart chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Thinly slice the scallops crosswise. Spread them in 4 ovenproof soup plates. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Brush the scallops with some of the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms to the remaining butter in the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the leek and ginger and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt. Keep hot.
- Bake the scallops in the oven for about 30 seconds, or until the bowls are hot. Pour the hot soup over the scallops, garnish with the cilantro and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Scallop and mushroom soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes