Scallop- and Chervil-Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp
- 16 jumbo shrimp (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 (1-ounce) slice sourdough or white bread, torn
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound fresh sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Garnish: fresh chervil
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Butterfly shrimp by making a deep slit down the back from the large end to the tail, cutting to, but not through, inside curve of shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Flatten with palm of hand.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add minced shallot; cook 3 minutes or until softened. Cool.
- Combine bread, cheese, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add cooked shallot, remaining white pepper, scallops, chervil, and sea salt to food processor. Pulse mixture until scallops are finely chopped and a coarse paste forms.
- Divide scallop stuffing evenly on cut side of each flattened shrimp, lightly pressing sides of shrimp up until stuffing adheres to sides. Place shrimp in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, in 2 rows, with tails leaning up against long sides of dish. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place remaining 3 tablespoons butter and garlic in a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Cover and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until butter melts. Spoon mixture over shrimp. Pour wine into the baking dish. Bake at 425º for 8 minutes. Turn oven setting to broil. Broil 5 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes