- 1 tablespoon anise liqueur (such as Herbsaint or Pernod)
- 3 tablespoons rye whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon simple syrup
- 4 to 5 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 lemon peel
How to Make It
Pour anise liqueur into a 6- to 8-oz. glass, and swirl to coat inside of glass; discard any excess liqueur. Fill glass with ice cubes.
Combine whiskey and next 3 ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds).
Remove ice from glass, and discard; strain mixture in cocktail shaker into chilled glass. Rub glass rim with lemon peel, and add to drink. Serve immediately.