- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Simply Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter OR 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (12.75 oz.) cans vacuum-packed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirirng occasionally. Add gingerroot and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, water, peanut butter, cumin and coriander; stir until smooth. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
ADD sweet potatoes to saucepan. Mash with potato masher until mixture is well blended. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.