Savory Tomato Parfaits
Photo: © John Kernick
For this multihued starter, Andreas Viestad creates purees with three colors of tomatoes, seasoning each with salt, but little else.
- 1/2 pound medium dark heirloom tomatoes, such as Black Krim cored and chopped
- 1/2 pound yellow plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- A few drops of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound red cherry tomatoes, halved
- Breadsticks, for garnish
- In a blender, puree the dark tomatoes at high speed, until very smooth, 2 minutes; scrape down the sides as necessary. Season the puree with salt and carefully pour into 4 glasses. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until the puree has firmed up slightly.
- Rinse and dry the blender. Repeat the pureeing process with the yellow tomatoes. Add the parsley, thyme and vinegar; season with salt. Carefully pour the yellow puree into the glasses and refrigerate for about 15 minutes, until the yellow puree is set.
- Rinse and dry the blender and process the cherry tomatoes to make the top layer of the parfaits. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Garnish with breadsticks and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note