- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-skimmed turkey pan drippings (see Notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 99
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 4.6 g
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 9.1 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 190 mg
- cholesterol 63 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Generously brush every other cup in two 12-count muffin pans with melted butter (it will pool a bit in the bottom of the cups).
In a blender, whirl eggs, milk, flour, 4 tbsp. parmesan, pan drippings, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pans (each cup should be about half full). Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp. parmesan. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes (don't worry if some popovers don't puff quite as high as others); reduce heat to 350° and bake until popovers are firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per popover.