- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Sauté bacon in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until brown. Add onion, and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in apple and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes and apple are tender.
Spoon mixture into a serving dish, and sprinkle evenly with pecans and parsley.