Savory Stuffed Tomatoes
Use a small spoon to scoop the pulp out of the tomatoes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 tomato)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.0g
- Carbohydrate: 11.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Sodium: 245mg
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 (1.5-ounce) slice whole grain bread
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup; set aside.
- Cut top off each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Discard tops and pulp.
- Place tomatoes on a jelly roll pan lined with foil. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, basil, olives, and garlic in a small bowl. Spoon 1/4 of breadcrumb mixture into each tomato shell. Drizzle each tomato with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note