- 6 ounces dry campanella pasta or other pasta, uncooked
- 1 Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Brown sausage while cooking pasta in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to crumble sausage; drain. Add diced tomatoes with their liquid and the tomato paste; mix well. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer sausage mixture to medium bowl; set aside.
Drain pasta in colander. Return half of the pasta to same skillet; cover with layers of half each of the sausage mixture and cheese. Repeat all layers. Cover skillet with lid. Reduce heat to medium
Cook 5 minutes, or until all layers are heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute before serving.