Savory Short Ribs
Community Recipe from
- Savory Short Ribs
- Mr. Food
- The long, slow cooking makes these beef short ribs as tender as can be, the perfect one-pot meal for a hungry gang. With hearty barley and healthy veggies, itâ€™s an all-in-one good choice!
- Serves: 4
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) raw medium barley
- In a large pot, combine short ribs, onion, water, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and barley; cook 1 hour, or until short ribs and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
- Serving Tip
- This is one of those even-better- when-reheated- the-next- day recipes. Before reheating, be sure to remove any fat that has solidified on the top.
- Recipe source: All Crockpot Onedish Delicacies Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Laura Brown
- PEG’S NOTE;
- I made them in the crockpot instead of on the stove. I did Step #1 on the stove as the recipe stated, but instead of continuing to cook on the stove, I transferred the ingredients to the crockpot. I added the veggies about 3 hours before I was ready to serve. ... the meat cooked almost all day and the meat just fell off the bones! As a matter of fact, the meat came completely off the bones!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory Short Ribs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes