Savory short ribs
Community Recipe from
- 1 can(s) plum tomates (35 ounces) drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) beef stock
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon(s) flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 6 pound(s) short ribs
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 large onion halved and slivered
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1. preheat oven to 350F
- 2. mix tomatoes, stock, garlic, 3 tbs parsley, rosemary, cinnamoni a bowl
- 3. heat oil in medium skillet and brown the ribs on all sides over medium heat, sprinkling with pepper. Place in shallow roasting pan.
- 4.add onion to skillet and cokk for 3 minutes, stirring. Add to short ribs.
- 5. Pour wine into skillet and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits. Pour over ribs and onion.
- 6. Pour tomato mixture over the ribs and stir well.Cover pan with aluminum foil and bkae 2 1/2 hours, baste 2 or 3 times while cooking
- 7. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 8. Remove from oven, skim off grease, serve topped with the thick tomato-onion sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dbadger and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory short ribs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes