Savory Sausage Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) New potatoes Sliced
- 1 lb new potatoes
- 8 oz mushrooms, minced
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c minced onions
- 2 TB finely chopped parsley
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, hot or mild or a combination of both; casings removed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c half-n-half
- 1 c grated cheese (she uses Gruyere)
- Preheat oven to 350o. Oil a 9 x 13 in pan
- In a large pot cook the whole potatoes until just done, apprxz. 10-15. min. Drain and let cool before slicing.
- Chop mushrooms and onions. Saute them in the butter until onion is translucent. Set aside and then brown sausage in same pan.
- Slice cooled potatoes into 1/2 in. slices and lay on the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Over this spoon the mushroom and onion mix + parsley. Over this spoon the browned sausage.
- Beat the eggs with the half-n-half with a hand mixer until smooth. Pour this over the other ingrediants. Sprinkle liberally with cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 min. until top is golden and egg mix has set.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory Sausage Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes