Savory Roasted Chicken
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3-ounces without skin: breast meat)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together first 6 ingredients; set aside. Drain tomatoes, and press between layers of paper towels; chop tomatoes.
- Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water, and pat dry. Rub herb mixture evenly over chicken and inside cavity. Loosen skin from breast without detaching it; carefully insert chopped tomato, garlic, and cilantro. Tuck wingtips under bird; tie legs, if desired. Place bird, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until done. Remove skin before serving.
- Per 3-ounce serving without skin: Drumstick meat, Calories 132, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 79mg; Thigh meat, Calories 150, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 81mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note