Savory Rice Mix
Altogether, this great gift makes about 16 tasty side-dish servings!
Yield: Makes 4 cups mix
- 4 cups long-cooking rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup dried, minced onion
- 1 env. from a 2-oz. pkg. onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Give with instructions.
- Instructions: Mix one cup mix with 2 cups beef broth in a 2-quart saucepan; add one tablespoon butter. Bring to a rolling boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note