Savory Potato Pancakes
Yield: 16 pancakes
- 2 1/2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For Potato Pancakes, cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Return potatoes to saucepot, then mash. Stir in Spread, egg, bacon, green onion, 2 tablespoons flour, garlic salt and black pepper. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Add remaining 1/2 cup flour to shallow dish or pie plate. Using 1/4-cup measure, shape potato mixture into pancakes; coat in flour.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook pancakes, a few at a time, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Seasoned Sour Cream.
For Seasoned Sour Cream, combine 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper in small bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory Potato Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables