Savory Mushroom Sauce
Photo: Tina Evans
This recipe goes with Spoonbread Grits with Savory Mushroom Sauce
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 (3 1/2-ounce) packages fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet; add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté until tender. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Whisk flour into reserved drippings until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, until lightly browned. Gradually add wine and broth; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments