Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 slice(s) bacon finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil leaves crushed
- 1 can(s) (101/2 oz) beef broth
- 1 can(s) (11 1/2 oz) bean with bacon soup
- 1 1/2 can(s) water
- 1 can(s) (16 0z) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup(s) small carrots cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked small tube shaped macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) cabbage cut in long, thin strips
- 1 cup(s) zucchini cubed
- 1-2 cup(s) french style green beans
- In large saucepan, start browning bacon. Add onion, celery, garlic and basil - cook until tender.
- Stir in canned soups, water, tomatoes, carrots, macaroni and salt. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- *Add cabbage and zucchini; cook 10 minutes more or until done.
- * I add the french green beans if I don't have zucchini/cabbage.
- Stir occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tennisldk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory Minestrone Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews