Savory Mashed Potatoes
This recipe can be prepared a day in advance if you wish.
Yield: Serves 5
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 cup round buttery crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender; drain. Beat potatoes, milk, seasoned salt and 2 tablespoons butter in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Mix in sour cream, cream cheese and chives. Pour into greased 13"x9" baking pan. Combine remaining one tablespoon of butter with crushed cracker crumbs; sprinkle on top of potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese during last 10 minutes of baking time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note