Savory Kalamata Cheesecake Squares
New twist: cheesecake as the appetizer. Purplish-black olives scatter specks of color into each savory bite. Garnish your platter with herbs and olives so that your guests will know it's not dessert. Serve a Pinot Noir with these rich squares.
- 1 1/4 cups Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs, kalamata olives
- Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well. Press crumb mixture firmly into a lightly greased, foil-lined 9" square pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, flour, and seasonings at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in sliced olives and chopped rosemary; pour filling into baked crust. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or just until firm. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill.
- To serve, lift foil out of pan, and cut cheesecake into squares. Garnish serving platter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note