This is a great recipe! I was surprised at how easy it was!
Savory Herb Pork Chops
More From Southern Living
Other: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Garnishes: thinly sliced apples, fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Stir together 1/4 cup apple juice, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, and mustard in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork. Seal bag, and shake well to coat. Chill 30 minutes, turning once. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat pork dry, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 2. Cook pork in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet.
- 3. Cook onion and garlic in hot drippings, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add remaining 3/4 cup apple juice to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in rosemary, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
- 4. Bring onion mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- 5. Add pork to onion mixture, turning to coat. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from heat, and place pork on a serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, whisk together 1/4 cup water, 1 Tbsp. flour, remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar, and remaining 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar in skillet until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly. Drizzle sauce over pork, or serve with pork, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes