Savory Ham-and-Swiss Casserole
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups chopped Praline-Mustard Glazed Ham
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups BISQUICK Original All-Purpose Baking Mix
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheese and garlic, stirring until cheese melts; let mixture cool 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in 2 eggs, and pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese, ham, and green onions evenly over grits crust. Whisk together remaining 6 eggs and 1/2 cup milk; pour into crust.
- Stir together remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and baking mix; pour over egg mixture, spreading to edge of dish with back of spoon.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, and cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note