Savory Egg Salad
Our creamy egg salad is lighter than most because we use more whites than yolks. Refrigerate the leftover yolks in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 whole(s) large eggs
- 1/2 whole(s) red onion minced
- 2 whole(s) celery stalks minced
- 4 whole(s) green olives chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 slice(s) whole-grain bread toasted (optional)
- 1.5 cup(s) baby arugula
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let eggs sit for 20 minutes. Drain and place eggs in a bowl filled with ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel eggs.
- In a medium bowl, mash 5 whole eggs and 3 egg whites together with the back of a fork Add onion, celery, olives, if using, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. Stir to combine. Cover bread slices, if using evenly with arugula, top with egg salad, and serve open face.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMelanie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note