This did not turn out well at all for us. It is the only thing I have ever made from Cooking Light that we could not eat. It looked pretty, but the taste was awful. This dish is actually a family joke, in regards to : "it can't be any worse than...". I made it precisely as the recipe prescribed.
Savory Dill-Salmon Strudel
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 863mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained (such as Black Top)
- 8 (18 x 14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; gently fold in salmon.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining phyllo dough with a damp towel to prevent drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons breadcrumbs evenly over the phyllo. Repeat layers with the remaining phyllo, cooking spray, and breadcrumbs, ending with phyllo.
- Spoon salmon mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of salmon mixture on each end. Starting at long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Place strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush butter over top of strudel. Cut 4 diagonal slits into top of strudel using a serrated knife. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut strudel into 4 portions using a serrated knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes