This did not turn out well at all for us. It is the only thing I have ever made from Cooking Light that we could not eat. It looked pretty, but the taste was awful. This dish is actually a family joke, in regards to : "it can't be any worse than...". I made it precisely as the recipe prescribed.
Savory Dill-Salmon Strudel
Use a serrated knife to slice this strudel and help keep the flaky phyllo dough intact. Score the dough before it's baked to keep it from crumbling as you cut into it. Using canned salmon is convenient because you get to skip the step of cooking fresh fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 863mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained (such as Black Top)
- 8 (18 x 14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; gently fold in salmon.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining phyllo dough with a damp towel to prevent drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons breadcrumbs evenly over the phyllo. Repeat layers with the remaining phyllo, cooking spray, and breadcrumbs, ending with phyllo.
- Spoon salmon mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of salmon mixture on each end. Starting at long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Place strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush butter over top of strudel. Cut 4 diagonal slits into top of strudel using a serrated knife. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut strudel into 4 portions using a serrated knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note