- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained (such as Black Top)
- 8 (18 x 14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- calories 394
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 13.1 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 26.8 g
- carbohydrate 46.6 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 863 mg
- calcium 91 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; gently fold in salmon.
Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining phyllo dough with a damp towel to prevent drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons breadcrumbs evenly over the phyllo. Repeat layers with the remaining phyllo, cooking spray, and breadcrumbs, ending with phyllo.
Spoon salmon mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of salmon mixture on each end. Starting at long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
Place strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush butter over top of strudel. Cut 4 diagonal slits into top of strudel using a serrated knife. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut strudel into 4 portions using a serrated knife.