boring. wouldn't bother to make again. too much trouble and didn't add anything to my meal.
Savory Citrus-Asparagus Brown Rice
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8.8-oz.) packages UNCLE BEN'S READY RICE Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine asparagus, 2 Tbsp. water, and salt in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3. Grate zest from lemon to equal 1 tsp., and squeeze juice from lemon to equal 1 Tbsp.
- 4. Add rice, lemon zest, juice, and pepper to asparagus, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note