- 1 small sweet potato
- 12 PILGRIM'S PRIDE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrust
How to Make It
Pierce sweet potato several times with a fork. Place in microwave oven, and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; peel and dice. Set aside.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with seasoned salt. Sauté chicken and onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes or until done. Remove chicken and onion.
Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; whisk in flour, chicken broth, and soup. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cooked chicken and onion, sweet potato, peas and carrots, lemon juice, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon chicken mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Roll piecrust into 13- x 9-inch rectangle; fit over chicken mixture in baking dish. Cut several slits in top of crust for steam to escape.
Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.