Savory Bread Puddings with Ham and Cheddar from Cooking Light
Bread pudding becomes a main dish inspired by the flavors of a loaded baked potato. Preparing the puddings in individual ramekins gives them a dressier feel and shortens cooking time.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) multigrain bread with seeds cut into 3/4" cubes
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped green onions divided
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounce(s) lower-sodium ham minced
- 2 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 teaspoon(s) reduced fat sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Remove from oven; cool.
- 3. Combine bread, 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons onions, and the next 5 ingredients (through egg yolks) in a large bowl. Place egg whites in a small bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy (about 30 seconds). Gently fold egg whites into bread mixture.
- 4. Spoon about 1 cup bread mixture into each of 4 (7-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Divide the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon onions evenly among ramekins. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Savory Bread Puddings with Ham and Cheddar from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes