Savory Bread Pudding with Spinach and Mushrooms
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of bread pudding)
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 732mg
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 347mg
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages presliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach, chopped
- 8 cups cubed sourdough French bread round (about 14 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon into a large bowl. Set aside, and keep warm. Heat remaining butter in same pan. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Stir spinach into mushroom mixture.
- Place bread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain excess liquid from spinach and mushroom mixture; spoon over bread.
- Combine milk, eggs, egg whites, and provolone cheese, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over spinach and mushroom mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables