Savory Beef Roast
When you cook a lean cut of meat such as a rump roast for several hours, it becomes fork-tender.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 3 ounces roast and 1 tablespoon gravy)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 157
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 (4-pound) lean boneless rump roast
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Trim fat from roast. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add roast, and cook until browned on all sides.
- 2. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and salt. Combine water, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon granules, stirring well. Pour Worcestershire sauce mixture over roast. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until roast is tender. Transfer roast to a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
- 3. Skim fat from juices in pan; reserve 1/4 cup pan juices. Discard remaining juices. Return 1/4 cup juices to pan.
- 4. Combine flour and seasoning; add to juices in pan, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Combine yogurt, mustard, and anchovy paste; add to milk mixture, stirring just until blended.
- 5. Cut roast diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Top with gravy, and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
- carbo rating: 2
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note