- 1 (4-pound) lean boneless rump roast
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 157
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 24.7 g
- carbohydrate 2 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 138 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from roast. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add roast, and cook until browned on all sides.
Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and salt. Combine water, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon granules, stirring well. Pour Worcestershire sauce mixture over roast. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until roast is tender. Transfer roast to a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
Skim fat from juices in pan; reserve 1/4 cup pan juices. Discard remaining juices. Return 1/4 cup juices to pan.
Combine flour and seasoning; add to juices in pan, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Combine yogurt, mustard, and anchovy paste; add to milk mixture, stirring just until blended.
Cut roast diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Top with gravy, and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
carbo rating: 2