Savory Beef Pies
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tablespoons instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- Tomato chutney (optional)
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add beef; cook, stirring often, until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, cool, and set aside.
- Stir together potato flakes and 1/4 cup hot water until smooth.
- Add potato, cinnamon, and next 3 ingredients to beef mixture, stirring until blended.
- Roll piecrusts into 12-inch circles; cut each crust into 6 (4-inch) circles. Roll out enough remaining crust to make 2 more (4-inch) circles.
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful of beef mixture onto half of each pastry circle. Moisten edges with water; fold pastry over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Place pies on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with chutney, if desired.
- Note: Meat mixture may be frozen up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator and prepare pies as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers