Savory Apple-Chicken Tart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) apple cider
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns
- 3/4 pound(s) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) minced shallot
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chopped peeled Rome apple (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry sherry
- 5 piece(s) frozen phyllo pastry thawed (5 sheets)
- 1 cup(s) grated Gruyere cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup(s) evaporated skimmed milk
- 8 ounce(s) egg substitute
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Drain and discard the cider and peppercorns. Finely chop chicken; place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallot and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to high; add mushrooms and sauté 3 minutes. Add chopped apple and next 4 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes. Combine apple mixture and chopped chicken; stir well, and set aside.
- Coat a 10-inch tart pan or a 9-inch quiche dish with cooking spray. Working with 1 sheet of phyllo at a time, coat each sheet with cooking spray; fold in half crosswise to form a 13x8½-inch rectangle. Gently press 1 folded sheet of phyllo into prepared tart pan, allowing ends to extend over edges of pan, and recoat phyllo with cooking spray. Place another folded sheet of phyllo across first sheet in crisscross design, and recoat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat the procedure with remaining 3 sheets of phyllo. Turn under edges of phyllo to form a rim, and coat rim with a cooking spray.
- Spoon chicken mixture into phyllo crust, spreading evenly; sprinkling with cheese. Combine milk and egg substitute; pour over chicken mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge).
- CALORIES 205 (30% from fat); PROTEIN 19.5g; FAT 7g (sat 3.2g, mono 2g, poly1g) CARB 15.4g; FIBER 1.2g; CHOL 43mg; IRON 1.6 mg; SODIUM 340mg; CALC
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note