Everyone in my family agreed that this was a "do again" recipe. We doubled the recipe so it took a much bigger pot than just a skillet.
Savannah Pork Chops and Rice
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from skillet.
- Sauté onion and celery in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Stir in tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients; top with pork, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer mixture for 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note