Savannah Bow Ties
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Chocolate Dipping Sauce (optional)
- Beat 1/2 cup almond paste, egg yolk, brown sugar, and milk at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. (Mixture will be very stiff.) Set aside.
- Unfold pastry, and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 14-inch square; cut in half.
- Press almond mixture gently and evenly over one rectangle. Place the remaining rectangle on top of filling.
- Cut pastry crosswise into fourteen 1-inch-wide strips; cut each strip in half to make 28 pieces.
- Twist each piece twice. Place the twists about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Lightly beat egg white, and brush evenly on each twist. Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Serve with Chocolate Dipping Sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This