Sauvignon Blanc Pound Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sauvignon Blanc Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Stir together milk and wine; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Brush or drizzle Sauvignon Blanc Glaze over top and sides of cake. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings