Sautéed Kale with Chorizo and Crispy Garlic
Chorizo is cooked in a skillet, and is then tossed with kale and spirnkled with garlic.
More From Health
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Calcium: 158mg
- 2 pounds lacinato kale (about 4 bunches), stems and center ribs discarded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Working in batches, stack kale and cut crosswise into thin (about 1/4-inch-wide) shreds.
- 2. Line a plate with a paper towel; set aside. Heat oil in a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and toast, stirring frequently until golden (about 2 minutes). Transfer with a slotted spoon to plate. Discard oil.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook chorizo over medium-high heat until browned (2 minutes). Drain off all but 1/2 tablespoon fat from skillet. Add kale (in handfuls) and toss until just wilted and bright green (about 3-4 minutes). Add water and salt, and simmer, partially covered, until kale is just tender (6-10 minutes). Sprinkle with crisped garlic; serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note