Sauteed Zucchini with Caramelized Onions
Community Recipe from
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1. Wash the zucchini and slice it in half vertically. Then cut it into half-moon shaped rounds, about 1/4" thick.
- 2. Preheat the olive oil in a deep saute pan. When glassy, add the onions and saute until browning at the edges.
- 3. Add the zucchini and sprinkle with the salt. Spread the zucchini evenly around the pan. Saute for 10-15 minutes until the zucchini pieces are browned and the onions are caramelized. Do not over-stir or the zucchini will not brown properly. And do not overload the pan or it will steam instead of brown.
- Barefoot sprinkles with parmesan cheese at the end, but it is not necessary and makes the dish heavier than it needs to be. Might be nice for company though.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sauteed Zucchini with Caramelized Onions Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes