1. Cut the zucchini into think round slices.
2. Place the garlic clove on a cutting board and, using the flat side of your knife, smash the clove by pushing on the knife blade with the heel of your hand. Remove and discard the peel and set the garlic clove aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant but not browned, about 30 seconds. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon or tongs and save.
3. Add the zucchini to the pan and toss until coated with oil. Cook for approximately five minutes, tossing occasionally in order to allow for browning.
4. Add garlic back, and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until desired degree of browning is achieved, again, tossing every now and then.
5. Remove the pan from heat and season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
Transfer the zucchini to a serving dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan or fresh herbs...basil works nicely, as do chives.
Go to full version of