I had this exactly as the recipe directs except I used 2 jalapenos. Despite this, the tacos were very bland and mushy. The texture was one-note. After the first taco, both my husband and I added Sriracha sauce and matchstick carrots to the second taco. The additions were a big help. You definitely need to add something with a crunchy texture to make this more enjoyable. I would not make this recipe again.
Sautéed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onion
These low-fat tilapia tacos feature corn tortillas filled with tender pieces of sautéed fish, grilled onion,grilled bell pepper and sliced jalapeño pepper.Slice the onion just before placing it on the grill. If given time to set, the onion rings will begin to separate and will not have good grill marks.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices white onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package mini sweet bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (5-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Arrange onion slices and bell peppers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions for 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Grill bell peppers 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove onions and bell peppers from grill, and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice onion rings in half. Thinly slice bell peppers; discard stems and seeds. Combine onion, bell peppers, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 3/8 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and jalapeño slices evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note